Changes in the Game
Changes in the Lobby
Automatic Update Service: Blue Byte is continually
at work on improving the game, THE SETTLERS III, also on the basis of information and
suggestions that we receive from Settlers III players.
You can update your version quite simply by logging in on
the SETTLERS III Internet Server. The most recent update will then be automatically
downloaded and installed on your computer. Of course, you can also update in the
traditional way if you prefer. Go to the Download area from
here, download the update manually and then install it.
- Mission descriptions in the English version are now correctly displayed in English.
- Incorrect map names which made ladder games unplayable under certain circumstances have been
- Adjusts the entire system to the latest version
- New code for errors with illegal lobby ID.
- Error in chat log has been corrected
- Desync games are never counted in ladder results
- Release of new ladder maps
- The error with thieves has been eliminated.
- The invisible button in the temple has been
- The error that occurred while moving ships
has been corrected.
- Chat Admins who are also Blue Byte clan
members appear in the chat with blue lettering.
- New game mode "Easy" for all campaign games
- New feature for the economic game mode: Game duration can be
set before the game begins
- Elimination of desyncs, which occurred after loading saved
- Elimination of the so-called "fish cheat" or
- There are no longer desyncs when using the spells
"Transport Goods" or "Bring Goods".
- All transformation spells are again functioning with up to
40 units of goods.
- The Amazon spell "Gold to Stone" can now be used
on gems too.
- Egyptian gems are counted in the final statistics once more
under the rubric, gold.
- Errors while logging into the Lobby have been
- Building statistics can be activated or deactivated by using
- Delivery of materials to the Gong Hall are effected without
- The goods distribution menu for the gem mines has been
- LAN games no longer cause DirectPlay
- The duplication of goods for the spell "Bring
Goods" has been corrected.
- The sound of the bees should no longer cause any system
- All Amanzon multiplayer maps can now be used for ranking
list games too.
- For those who have not yet gotten the QUEST OF THE
an update to version 1.51 is now available which ensures compatibility
for multiplayer games.
update ushers in some changes in the SETTLERS III world. After updating, it will no longer
be possible to play old saved games except those from the campaign maps! If you have any
saved games that you want to finish up, do this before you log in on the Settler Server!
- Quick recruitment of soldiers by demolishing
barracks immediately before the recruitment is no longer possible.
- Correction of manna-production.
- The effect of the magic spell "Samurai
Sword" has been reduced.
- The entry "Amazons" no longer
appears in the world ranking lists. Game play errors resulting from this have been
- The message that a game has not been saved in the
last xx minutes has been deactivated.
- The manna display has been corrected.
In addition to the World Ranking Lists, following new features:
- The progress of the diggers at the
construction site is now displayed as a percent.
- Goods, which are lying free in your territory are now also
brought to a newly built storage area.
- There is now a warning message when you are
about to crush your last tower.
- If you have connection losses which can be traced back to
poor connection quality, the program now gives you a clear message about the poor
- Time Display:
So that you know how long you've been playing, you can switch on a stopwatch in the lower
right-hand corner of the screen by hitting the "t" key. To switch it off, hit
the "t" key again.
- Multiplayer Gamesave:
Saving multiplayer games was one of the most requested features from gamers. Here it is.
Each player can save the game by clicking on the computer symbol in the lower left-hand
corner of the screen and then on Save. The game will then be saved on the computers of all
the players so that if the game is ended before one player emerges victorious, the game
can be later initiated by any of the players in the SETTLERS III Lobby.
If one of the players is not available to continue the game, this player can be replaced
by a computer player.
It isn't possible, however, for a human player to take over from a computer player.
You can't load a saved multiplayer game from the "Load
Game" button! You'll find your saved game in the same place where you choose other
net games from the lobby. Click on "Saved Multiplayer".
You won't be asked to name the game when you save it. You won't have to choose a save
location either. The game will be saved in the directory "Save/Multi".
A display in the chat line shows all of the players in the game the name of the player who
has saved the game. There must be at least a minute's interval between saving games.
A saved game is initiated just like any other net game. In the lobby, click on
"Create Game" and then choose the saved game you want to begin under "Saved
Multiplayer". Saved games are listed there. When you click on one of them, the name
of the map, the time at which you saved the game and a list of the players in the game
will be displayed where you normally see the preview map. Confirm your choice with
"OK" and you'll automatically return to the meeting point where you can wait for
the other players in the game.
- Automatic Saved Games in the Campaigns
When you've completed a map in the campaign, have read the
end-of-the-game statistics and have clicked with your mouse, the mission briefing for the
next map appears. When you then click on "Return", the program now recognizes
that you've completed the previous map and have begun with a new one.
You can load these saved games from the main menu by clicking on "Load
Game". In the menu which then appears on the right, click on "Campaigns".
A list will appear in which all of the campaign missions wheich you have begun are listed.
Click on the mission which you most recently discontinued.
All of the missions of the original campaigns have been made available under the
assumption that you've already successfully completed them.
- Improved Construction from the Artificial
The Computer Artificial Intelligence is now more effective at
building at the beginning of the game. It can now build up a functioning economy more
quickly than before.
- Connection problems experienced while attempting to join a
game should now be reduced.
- Resolves several known issues with desynchronization.
- Removes the occurrence of a false message appearing after
completion of the eighth Asian mission.
- Active units are displayed in the menu.
- The Distribution of Goods menus may be selected
directly from the current building.
- New Lobby Server messages keep you up to date on logon
- More tooltips have been added to the Multiplayer Mode. They
tell you what the buttons in the Lobby are for.
- New chat commands are available in the Online Lobby.
- The initial Lobby Server logon automatically invokes the
Create Player dialogue.
- Additional messages alert you in case the swap file is not
- Scrolling under Windows NT was improved.
- SETTLERS III may now be played on systems without the
WININET.DLL. Updates may be performed manually.
- The interval between leaving the Settlers Server and
immediately logging on again has been reduced.
- The You have won!/You have lost! messages are
deactivated in games without opponents.
- Infrequent problems with large fonts in the Lobby have been
- Desyncronization problems in multiplayer games have been
- In some situations, multiplayer games crashed when a player
departed a game. This has been remedied.
- Your game will be checked for virus infection at the start
of every game. You will be informed if a virus is detected, and the game will not start.
- The discrepancies in the mission-briefing of the third roman
mission have been removed.